About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 30 January 2017

Memo Monday & sneaking in for a ...

...challenge. Yup. I sorta decided that maybe I could just join
in with ONE a month? And I used to always join with CSI.
I think this one 'called' me as it is open for a whole month.
Suits me, with my slower blogging posting thingy happening atm.
So, here's the CASE FILE FOR #221:
Colours - ✓  Evidence = triangles, letter stickers, enamel dots
& puffy stickers; Testimony is the mix of stickers and handwriting.
Apart from the obvious green, blue and brown, there are touches of
the pink & ivory in the layers behind the photos:
I'm trying to do more multi photo LOs. Have you noticed?
I seem to have a never ending pile of snaps to scrap...so this is an effort
to get through them a bit quicker.
And it worked well with Em's sketch!
Nothing much else to say ;)
Below is one of the locator word stickers I got on sale with a Project Life kit from K-Mart
here in Australia.
Some of the alphas are from it too.
Some are Felicity Jane & Thickers, as well:)


Meanwhile over at Sian's FROM HIGH IN THE SKY blog
I'm joining in with MEMO MONDAY.
This was a good week for me, as I received some HAPPY MAIL.
Now, this is a broad term to encompass things like Pocket Letters,
Flip Albums and the latest trend LOADED POCKETS.
I'd never received one before. This is from Tanya Leigh,
a lovely NZ scrapper.
She actually SEWED the pocket from MATERIAL.
That floored me!
I got it as part of an 'after Christmas' swap, where we could
send whatever type of Happy Mail we wanted, as long as it
was Christmas themed. Brilliant!
Those little tabs above? She DESIGNS them!
You can see why I was soooo happy eh?
Mail like that can come any day.
And today I'm making up some 'HM' to send out.
Nothing 1/2 as fancy as this, but still, I'm enjoying making it!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post & here's to some
Happy Scrapping at yours!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

22 comments:

  1. hi.. Happy monday!! gunna be another HOT one again today... this heat has been relentless..... anyway, I love your layout, what great photos and what a lovely family too.. love your little embellies and your journalling is always fantastic.. and great little happy mail to you too, i can see you using them for this years DD.. (dare I even mention that already!!! ) and yep I reckon you could so at least one or more challenge a month... Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taken a totally different look at the colour challenge and maxed out with the blue and brown - it works a treat for those happy family snaps. Three gorgeous little boys. I like the little locator thingos and the enamel dots and triangles. What a gorgeous loaded pocket - the fabric has me drooling and full of yummy Christmas things (Ssshhh) don't mention the word, I'm still recovering from last year! Have a great week. A stinker here yesterday 39C, but a tad cooler today, so I can breathe again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah love that layout and love that stuffed pocket letter!! So glad you are hanging with us at Memorandum Monday!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous layout and just love that pocket letter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun entering challenges just for the hell of it. I like how you've combined the challenge colours & well done on using multiple pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful take on the challenge Lizzy with your photo's of your beautiful family and wow that is some Happy Mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love that lo! LOVING the 2 photos, the colors and the layers! And LOVING that happy mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I been under a rock? Loaded pockets sound like such a lovely idea to me and I can't believe I've never spotted one before. So pretty! And of course anything in a pocket reminds me of old style library cards. Love.

    Your challenge page is beautiful. It's a really nice design. Kind of casual in a structured way. Is that a thing? I hope you know what I mean.

    Wishing you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout and that is definitely happy mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What a great take on the challenge Lizzy!! Love the way you mixed the colours .. perfect for those lovely photos!! Love the little locator sticker .. and the enamel dots .. and the triangles .. and the journaling .. yeah! you get it!! just love the lot!!!!
    Never heard of a loaded pocket but that is awesome!! What a lovely gift to receive .. can see all those goodies being used for a long time to come .. lucky you!!! Awesome Happy Mail!!! Enjoy the rest of the week Lizzy .. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your take on the challenge. I also love your CAS style. I am on a roll... just finishing up some half done projects... I AM GOING TO GET ON TOP OF THIS THIS YEAR :D Happy mail looks amazing wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous GORGEOUS !!! layout of the Knight family ❤️ Such a blessing and lots of work and tons of LOOOOVE!!! Love it to pieces!!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. adore yout layout Lizzy! ))))so great colour combo and on dark bg it looks so good! and also congrats with your lovely gift - so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful Layout and Family!
    Great mail & goodies you have received there Lizzy!
    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful take on the CSI case file Lizzy, I love that big splash of clear blue against the dark wood with just the pops of pink and green. The whole page is really happy and vibrant. Love that happy mail too - I've done pocket letters before but never hear of loaded pockets .... hmmmm .... :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG.....loaded pockets, love this idea, it looks fabulous! Great page Lizzy, the mix of stickers and text looks great...awesome photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Lizzy! I absolutely love the layout you made for CSI! LOVE!!!! From the wonderful photo to your hand-written journaling, I love everything here. And I love that you shared the amazing pocket letter you received, too. I am not up on all of the trends, but definitely learn something new when I come to your blog! Thanks also for always stopping by mine - you make my day! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab layout...I do love comparison layouts, they certainly highlight the changes. How beautiful is your handwriting, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful family photos! Love how the colors look against that dark wood background, and such a cool title! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful layout! I just love how you've scrapped those gorgeous family photos! Those grandboys of yours are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You rocked the case as always...so many little elements adding wonderful touches. Great to have the two photo of 4 and now 5.
    Love that loaded pocket...lots of yummies in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous page and love the papers you used and the gorgeous photo's! Happy mail..you must be stoked, definitely waaaay cool! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)